Top tips for assignment writing over the vacation
Got an assignment due in January? Here are some handy tips to help you through it whilst still enjoying a bit of the festivities!
- Check the assignment details. Sounds obvious we know, but it’s really important to make sure you’re answering the question you’ve actually been set! Have a look on the elective page on Moodle for all the details (and the critical readings for the MCP assignment).
- Check Library opening times: http://bit.ly/2fZyVdV. We have reduced opening times over the holidays, so make sure you know when we’re open to get materials/use the study space.
- Make sure you know your Athens login details. http://bit.ly/2hbHwtP This is vital for accessing online resources like journal articles, Naxos Music Library and Grove Music Online. Further information on Athens login details can be found here: http://bit.ly/2hFBjHr
- Use other University Libraries via Sconul Access. For study space, or borrowing if you’re on a PG course. http://www.sconul.ac.uk/sconul-access
- Use RNCM Discovery to search for online resources. For the best marks you need a good mix of types of resources (i.e. not just books). Use RNCM Discovery to help you find articles, recordings, reviews and lots more. The search box is on the Library moodle pages.
- Reference your sources correctly. Use the Library guide to ensure you follow the College guidelines on referencing and bibliography: http://bit.ly/1MVnoUb
- Attend a Library enquiry session. We’re running twice weekly enquiry sessions for the first two weeks of January term to help you before the assignment is due, so never fear, we’re here to help!
Aaaand…Relax! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from the Library Team.